Electrical dangers such as shock, electrocution, electrical explosion, and arc blast will always be present on the job, but a proper electrical training program and strategies can minimize the likelihood of injuries and fatalities. Our NFPA 70E Training focuses on the latest edition of NFPA 70E arc flash electrical safety standard that addresses arc flash electrical safety requirements that are necessary for the practical safeguarding of employees
We began offering training in arc flash hazards and NFPA 70E in 2004 in response to requests from many of our power generation clients to bring the same dynamic, in-depth, practical, “process” type training we have always provided in other health and safety areas to electrical arc flash safety and NFPA 70E. We answered the requests and developed our NFPA 70E training to meet their and our high standards. In developing our Electrical Safety training we talked with our numerous clients across the country who have used numerous other vendors for such training in previous years and we listened to their concerns.
Here is what we hear time and time again:
- The training they have received was “canned” and was not tailored in a way that related to their operations.
- They were not trained in, or shown, how the NFPA 70E and OSHA rules specifically apply to how they interact with their electrical equipment
- The instructor, though very knowledgeable in the subject matter, could not interrelate with the trainees and was ineffective at teaching due to a lack of adult education skills or simple arrogance of their “superior” knowledge
- The training did not incorporate their specific information and data, including information within their arc flash study even though it was made available to the instructor
- The trainer was “boring” and did not engage the trainees